How to Choose a Clinician

At the CFCC we know that finding the right fit between client and therapist is one of the most important factors in treatment success. Here we provide you with some information about what all the letters after each clinician’s name mean. We also give you a cheat sheet of some of the most common presenting issues and treatments each clinician specializes in. A cheat sheet can never fully cover all the amazing things our clinicians can do, so you can always click here to explore our individual clinicians in more detail.

If you need help with . . . . then you might want to consider . . . .

Anxiety/DepressionEating/FeedingTraumaBehavioral ConcernsFamily Therapy
All of our cliniciansHannah MerrellAlyssa BuronJaye Bilyeu (7+)Jaye Bilyeu
Mary PayneHannah MerrellMegan Blonder (2-6)Allison Tarics
Allison TaricsAlyssa Buron (2-6)Regina Rosario
Harrison DrewAl Hudson (2-6) Hannah Merrell
CouplesADHDStress ManagementSchool/Work ProblemLGBTQ+
Jaye BilyeuJaye BilyeuAll of our cliniciansJaye BilyeuAlyssa Buron
Regina RosarioMegan Blonder (2-6)Harrison DrewHannah Merrell
Hannah MerrellAlyssa BuronAl HudsonMary Payne
Mikaila RobinsonAl HudsonMary PayneAllison Tarics
Harrison DrewHarrison Drew
AdultsYoung Children (2-6)School-Age ChildrenAdolescentsYoung Adults
Jaye BilyeuMegan BlonderAl HudsonJaye BilyeuJaye Bilyeu
Harrison DrewAlyssa BuronMikaila RobinsonAl HudsonAlyssa Buron
Hannah MerrellAl HudsonHarrison DrewHannah MerrellHarrison Drew
Mikaila RobinsonAlyssa BuronMary PayneHannah Merrell
Regina RosarioMikaila RobinsonMary Payne
Allison TaricsRegina RosarioMikaila Robinson
Harrison DrewRegina Rosario
Allison Tarics
these lists are not comprehensive, but we hope they get you started in the right direction!
We understand that there are a lot of letters being thrown around in the therapy world. Below we’ve listed explanations/definitions for the various titles our providers have.

PhD/PsyD: This means a clinician is a psychologist and has received their doctorate degree in a psychology program. Their training would have consisted of at least 4-years of post-graduate education, a year long internship, and a year long supervised post-doctoral experience.

LPC-MHSP: This refers to a licensed professional counselor- mental health service provider. This clinician has completed a master’s in counseling with 2 years of training and at least 2 additional years of supervised, post graduate training.

MS/MA/MEd: This is someone who has finished their master’s level graduate training. If there aren’t any other letters, they are still under supervision working towards their licensure.

NCC/CCMHC: National Certified Counselor and Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor. These are designations received by Master’s Level Clinicians as they progress towards licensure.

Provisional/Temp: This designation refers to a clinician that has done the leg work for licensure but is still working on the supervised experience hours required to be independently licensed.

Intern/Practicum Student: This is what we call our supervised student clinicians. These are students in Master’s or Doctoral level programs working towards a degree in psychology, counseling, or a related field. They are required to get clinical experience under supervision in order to become great clinicians in the future. They offer their services at a lower rate and sometimes sit in with licensed counselors to gain experience.

Professional Counseling, Ed.S: Specialist in education with a focus in either Clinical Mental Health Counseling or School Counseling.

The CFCC notice of privacy practices